Enabling Marketing Leaders of today to become the CEO’s of tomorrow
“The Marketing Academy provide the best marketing leadership programmes in the world”
– Syl Saller Global CMO Diageo
Our Fellowship programme is sponsored by:
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Sunday 4th November 2018
Great CEOs and board directors need the ability to influence, engage and take risks. They should also have a deep understanding of the commercial drivers of their business, intellectual breadth, a well-honed ability to spot the right opportunities and an unfailing ability to understand what their customers want.
The Marketing Academy Fellowship Programme developed in partnership with McKinsey & Company and sponsored by Facebook and Microsoft is a powerful, free, part-time programme giving a select group of exceptional CMOs & marketing leaders at the top of the marketing career ladder a unique opportunity to further develop these critical capabilities.
Designed to provide CMOs with access to board-level thinking and development in all elements of Board stewardship, this programme ensures that marketing leaders accelerate their knowledge and experience to take on a future CEO or board role.
2019 Fellowship Programme Overview
Developed in partnership with
- Fellowships will be awarded to a maximum of 20 CMO’s and high achieving marketing leaders who will benefit from:
- A comprehensive knowledge curriculum developed and delivered by McKinsey & Company partners and functional experts,delivered during three Residential events with masterclasses covering the full CEO, leadership and board stewardship spectrum
- A 4 Day Residential with masterclasses including business law and media training
- Two x 3 Day Residentials with knowledge topics covering the full CEO spectrum including a series of masterclasses covering all elements of board stewardship, designed and delivered by leading experts
- Immersive CMO to CEO leadership journey programme developed and led by global CMO leadership expert Thomas Barta together with The Marketing Academy and McKinsey experts
- Board-level executive coaching with individual one-to-one sessions from a professional executive coach provided by Wisdom 8
- One-to-one mentoring sessions with high profile board chairs, non-executives, CEO’s, CFO’s, board members and influencers
- Peer-to-peer learning and development with an exclusive peer group
Key Programme dates:
Acceptance to the programme is conditional on 100% availability to attend all residential events in full.
- 4 day residential (Kitzbuhel, Austria) – 3rd – 7th February 2019
- 3 day residential (Berkshire, UK) – 4th – 7th June 2019
- 3 day residential (London, UK) – 11th – 13th September 2019
See what our fellow alumni have to say here
Elements of the programme are being delivered by:
Selection Criteria & Process
The Fellowship Programme has been designed for time constrained individuals. It is anticipated that the programme will take up to 12 days during the 9 month period.
To be considered for a place on the Fellowship programme you will:
- Currently hold the number 1 marketing leadership role CMO or equivalent within a leading marketing driven global organisation at a european or global level
- Report directly to the Global President, CEO or EVP
- Have a minimum of 15 years marketing leadership experience
- Have a clear career ambition to become a CEO or to take a wider main board position
- Have significant international and non-marketing leadership experience
- Have proven reputation in the industry and the marketing community e.g. Awards, authorships, keynote speeches, association memberships
- Have extensive experience of leading large, complex teams and significant budgets, ideally with full P&L accountability
- Be currently fully employed and under no known risk of notice, redundancy or termination during 2018
- Be able to travel to Austria and the UK for Residential sessions
- Provide a written endorsement from the CEO of your current organisation testifying their belief in your future career potential and their support of the time commitment required to attend the programme
Fellowships are awarded by invitation only. Potential delegates are required to submit and short application form, full CV, a written endorsement from their CEO and then take part in a discussion with a member of the selection panel.
Key Dates for Selection Process:
Application deadline EXTENSION – until Sunday 4th November 2018
Please note that the documentation will still state the original deadline of 21st October, but if you submit your application on or before the 4th November, then it will be accepted.
- Assessment and Selection – November and December 2018
- Fellows Appointed – 14th December 2018
Amy’s most recent role was Head of Energy Marketing at British Gas, responsible for TTL integrated campaigns and Direct Marketing. Amy joined British Gas in…
Mark has recently relocated from New York to London where he is engaged as EVP, Brand and Digital Marketing for The Economist. His main task…
The Scholarship – a 9 month, free, part time programme for 30 of the UK’s fastest rising stars in Marketing, Advertising, Media and Communications.
The Fellowship – Equips CMO’s and Marketing Directors with the tools, knowledge and insight to make the move onto Boards and into General Management / MD / CEO roles.
12 month full paid Marketing Apprenticeship for young adults who because of challenging backgrounds, lack qualifications or poor life choices are normally overlooked for this kind of work experience