During an exclusive event hosted by the Commonwealth Bank in Sydney, The Marketing Academy Australia revealed the cohort of marketing executives selected for their coveted Scholarship Programme.
Following the Academys expansion into the USA last year and now entering its 5th year in Australia there are over 500 Alumni of their programmes around the world who frequently describe the Scholarship as ‘transformational’ and ‘life changing’.
This year, the selection process saw over 400 emerging leaders from client side brands, media owners and agencies compete for just 30 Scholarship places. Although highly selective the programme is free to the Scholars and is designed to utilise the collective knowledge of the industry to develop their skills and prepare them for their journey towards senior and board level business leaders.
The programme includes one-to-one mentoring with an enviable line up of over 50 board level executives which this year includes Barni Evans CEO of Sportsbet, Lisa Ronson CMO of Coles, Euan Smith COO of Foxtel, Jenni Dill CMO of McDonalds and Michael Rebelo CEO of Publicis Groupe to name just a few.
In addition to the mentoring Scholars are each assigned an Executive Coach, attend 3 residential ‘Boot Camps’ packed with inspirational speakers and experience Lectures hosted by renowned subject matter experts.
Speaking of the programme, The Marketing Academy Founder Sherilyn Shackell said ‘I’m always thrilled to see the quality of the marketing talent in Australia and deeply grateful that we are supported by so many companies and individuals in Australia. At a time when trust is low in every context and the need for results has never been higher it’s so exciting to see the entire industry unite in developing the leaders of our future in such an egalitarian, collaborative and generous way’.
The Marketing Academy Australia Scholarship Programme is funded in 2019 by long term partners Google, Commonwealth Bank and News Corp Australia who are joined this year by Samsung, KFC Global and Facebook.
Here’s the line up of The Marketing Academy Australia Scholarship Class of 2019;
• Adam Beaupeurt, CEO, B.B.E
• Adam Furness, Managing Director, Impact
• Adam Hamilton, Innovation & New Ventures Lead, Glanbia Performance Nutrition
• Alexandra Lowes, Global Manager, Media & Partnerships Mktg, Tourism Australia
• Amanda Byrne, Chief Experience Officer, Scenic World
• An Le, Group Marketing Manager Mobile, Samsung
• Anna Bay, Executive Manager Group Strategy & Mktg, CBA
• Bryan Wilmot, Head of Strategy, VMLY&R
• Catherine Bowe, Industry Marketing Manager, Facebook
• Celia Wright, Client Services Director, Ikon Communications
• Claire West, Senior Manager Westpac Brand, Westpac Banking Group
• Danni Dimitri, Strategy Director, Havas Media
• David Currie, Sponsorship Manager, Seven Network Operations
• Jo Higgins, Integrated Marketing Lead, IAG
• Justin Carew, Creative Director, McCann Sydney
• Kathryn Furnari, Group Business Director, PHD Media
• Linda Monique, Founder, Almo
• Loan Morris, Commercial Director, iNC Digital Media
• Mark Echo, Media Director, Bohemia Group
• Mark Wiedermann, Director, Planning & Inventions, Frucor Suntory
• Michelle Grigg, Marketing Manager, Powershop Australia
• Nigel Seeto, Country Manager, Australia & New Zealand, Ancestry
• Paul Everson, Managing Director, JWT
• Richelle Barker, Marketing Director, Electrolux
• Serge Costi, Marketing Manager , Lion Co
• Skye Rugless, Head of Subscriptions, News Corp Australia
• Stephanie Dore-Smith, Senior Marketing Manager, Crown Resorts Limited
• Victoria Brennan, Social & Technology Director, Wavemaker
• Zoe Cocker, Head of Brand, Verizon
• Zoe Hayes, Head of Hardware Marketing, Google