The Marketing Academy has selected the 18 CMO’s and marketing leaders at the top of their organisations who will form the cohort of their CMO Fellowship Programme during 2019. The Fellowship is designed exclusively for CMOs who have both the ambition and potential to become CEO’s in the future and this years line-up consists of executives based in 9 counties.
Developed in partnership with McKinsey & Co and sponsored by Facebook, the programme is run by The Marketing Academy a highly respected non-profit organisation which develops leadership capabilities in talented individuals working in marketing, media, advertising and communications. Acceptance on to all Marketing Academy programmes in the UK, Australia and the USA is merit based and free of charge enabling the Academy to select only the very best.
The Fellowship Programme is delivered by McKinsey and supported by marketing leadership expert Thomas Barta, the board level coaching organisation Wisdom8 and corporate communications experts Freud’s. The curriculum consists of 3 residential events, the first of which takes place at the McKinsey Alpine University in Kitzbühel Austria, with masterclasses covering all elements of Board stewardship including strategy, corporate finance, organisational health, leading transformational change, operational effectiveness and stakeholder influence. Fellows also benefit from a mentoring scheme, enabling them to spend one-on-one time with seasoned Board members and are also assigned an executive coach for the duration of the programme.
The Marketing Academy’s Founder Sherilyn Shackell said, ‘In our view the growing remit of CMO’s means they are exceptional candidates to lead businesses. As there is still a distance between the leader of the marketing function and the CEO role we designed a comprehensive curriculum to provide our Fellows with unprecedented opportunity to bridge the knowledge and skills gap and reach the highest levels of business serving on company boards’.
The list of 86 Fellowship Alumni of the programme reads like the ‘who’s who’ of marketing leadership and includes: Craig Inglis, Customer Director, John Lewis; Arthur Hoeld Managing Director Europe, adidas; Keith Moor, CMO, Santander; Mark Evans, Group Marketing Director, Direct Line; Tricia Weener Global Marketing Director, HSBC; Barnaby Dawe, Chief Customer Officer, Pret a Manger; Nick Robinson, Global CMO of Kerry Foods and Rahul Welde, Global VP Digital Transformation at Unilever.
The 2019 Fellows are:
- Adam Johnson, Director of Marketing, Global Media Group
- Alexander Knigge, SVP Corporate Communications, Marketing & Brand, Emirates Airline
- Ash Schofield, Chief Executive Officer (Interim), giffgaff
- Carol Chen, Shell Global Lubricants Marketing VP, Shell
- Catherine Newman, CMO, News UK
- Cristina Diezhandino, Scotch Category Director and Managing Director Reserve, Diageo
- Debora Koyama, CMO Europe, Mondelez
- Ed Smith, General Manager Cross Chanel Marketing EU, Amazon
- Katharyn White, CMO, T Systems
- Luca Zerbini, VP Marketing, Innovation, Sustainability and Commercial Excellence, Amcor
- Martin George, Customer Director, Waitrose
- Michelle Andrews, CMO, Quilter
- Nathan Ansell, Marketing Director, Marks &Spencer
- Tatiana Stadukhina, Head of Marketing, Northern Europe, Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Thierry Laugerett, CMO, AkzoNobel
- Thomas Schroeter, CMO & CPO, Scout24 Group
- Virginia Sharma, Director of Marketing Solutions, India, LinkedIn
- Wendy Jane Johnstone, APAC General Manager – Marketing and Operations, Microsoft
The Marketing Fellowship commences in January 2019 and runs for 9 months. More information about the Fellowship and The Marketing Academy’s other programmes can be found via the website www.themarketingacademy.org.uk